Pages

Monday, September 29, 2014

Lolita 52 - Plan for a trip! A week's worth of lolita outfits I can fit in a small suitcase

This post was supposed to go up last week, but in the business of getting ready for Anime Weekend Atlanta I completely forgot to publish it! Since I went to a con this weekend, I thought I'd skip out on the month's theme of firsts this week and plan for a trip. This was a really fun post to put together. One of my favorite things about my wardrobe, as well as one I am most proud of, is how cohesive it is. It was pretty easy, and I had a blast putting together these coordinates.

Since I live in a hot and humid climate most of the year, the trip this set of 7 outfits would be most suited for would be something during the spring - ideally somewhere dry and temperate. In addition, traveling somewhere cold or during the winter would make packing much more difficulty since winter garb means bulk. 

Two days of the trip would include flights, the other 5 would be full vacationing days. They're pretty casual, and some pieces can be mixed and matched spontaneously, since I tend to have trouble sticking to an outfit plan while on vacation.

What I'm bringing (this list does not include accessories):
  1. 6 JSKs - I repeat one JSK on travel days.
  2. 6 tops - 2 boleros, 4 blouses
  3. 2 pairs of shoes
  4. 4 different pairs of legwear - as of right now I need to purchase some extras of the pieces I've used.
  5. 1 bag
  6. Assorted accessories
Not all of this is in the suitcase, some of the things I would wear during travel. Now, on to the coordinates! Unless listed, you can assume everything else in the coordinate is Taobao, offbrand, or handmade by me.

Bodyline's L379 JSK,  cardigan from Metamorphose
Day 1 - As this day would be devoted to travel I'd plan on wearing one of my most comfortable JSKs on the trip, along with some comfortable shoes. I'd probably keep most of the accessories in my bag while going through security checks, and put them on later.

Baby the Stars Shine Bright's Early Summer Chocolate Strawberry Parfait JSK
Day 2 - Traveling can be tiring, so the next day I'd plan on wearing something comfortable as well.

Baby the Stars Shine Bright's Marble Sugar Drop JSK
Day 3 - Something a little fancier this time, using heels. Perhaps I'd go out for a nice dinner that evening.

Metamorphose's Rose Stripe Shirring JSK
Day 4 - Something comfortable using the gold oxfords to give my feet a break from walking around in heels.

Angelic Pretty's Melty Royal Chocolate Low Waist JSK
Day 5 - The trip wouldn't be complete without an appearance from one of my dream dresses! I'm not completely satisfied with the legwear I've coordinated with this, but for the time being it'll do.

Baby the Stars Shine Bright's Twinkle Girl JSK
Day 6 - Something fancy for the final day! I attempted to make something a little more casual with this JSK, but it could also be exchanged for one of the long sleeved chiffon blouses. This night would probably include a classy dinner to take advantage of the elegance of the dress.

Bodyline's L379 JSK, bolero from Baby the Stars Shine Bright

Day 7 - For traveling home, I'd return to the JSK I wore on day 1, this time coorded with pink for something a little different!

Just to test how well I did, I packed everything up in a small suitcase I had, and it fit! I measured the bag, and it should meet the limitations of a carry on. I'd much rather travel this way, since it'd make me a little nervous to check a bag with hundreds of dollars worth of dresses. Some of which would be particularly hard to track down if lost - even if I have the money. Here's a comparison of my suitcase to my bag:


Well now that I've got a series of outfits planned, I just need a trip to match! Would you ever wear lolita the entire duration of a vacation? Do you think you could manage on such tight space constraints? Let me know in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if this is late or no but the outfit look beautiful. I love how you balanced the gold acssoriess so you only need to have one bag, I don't think I love to where lolita when I travel somewhere

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...