Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Lolita 52 - What I thought when I got my first real piece of Lolita

This week's Lolita 52 topics is What I thought when I got my first real piece of Lolita!

When I attended my first meetup, I wore a handmade skirt that I literally finished the night before (I'm a real procrastinator)... It was incredibly simple and not very exciting. No lace, and a simple elastic waistband. That was it. I attempted to make a matching head bow, but it turned out far too large, but it did make a fantastic, if droopy, waist bow.


Soon after I began looking into buying. I started with browsing the Bodyline website, but honestly nothing really stood out to me. At that point I had spent more time researching lolita brands and I ended up on Baby's USA site, and while browsing the JSK section I stumbled upon this beauty:

Baby the Stars Shine Bright's Early Summer Chocolate Strawberry Parfait

I guess you could say this was my first dream dress because it was love at first sight! I couldn't stop thinking about this dress, and even though I originally balked at the thought of dropping $50 on a Bodyline dresss, for some reason the approximately $250 required to make this dress mine seemed reasonable. Shortly thereafter, and not without some hesitation, I ordered the dress. 

Initially I was irritated when it arrived because my postman decided it would be a good idea to shove the package into the small P.O. box provided by my apartment complex. Fortunately the dress suffered no damage, and in addition to the JSK, the package included a brand postcard, sticker, and bag.

When I took it out of the package, I was immediately impressed by the detail of the print and both the delicateness and quality of the lace. This dress was leagues beyond anything I had owned before - even my wedding dress (a relatively simple tiered satin piece, lacking any lace)! When I finally tried it I no longer had any doubts over whether or not this fashion was for me. Quirky prints, quality pieces, and fluffy skirts that made up for my lack of hips were where I belonged. 

And with that, I'll leave you with a picture of my most recent and favorite coordinate with this dress!


What was your first piece and what were your thoughts when it finally reached your hands? Let me know in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. My first dress was the "Letter from Paris" by Infanta. At that time I was determined to get brand for my first piece but I lost hope when I could not afford the Btssb 2013-2014 winter happy pack. Also, I knew I could not wear Lolita properly without a petticoat so I ordered the dress through Taobao Spree and added a petti and some bloomers from Boguta to the order. It was the most I had ever spent i clothing in my whole life and when it arrived it was instant love. I hugged it and burried my head in it for a few seconds while laughing incontrolably (I'm theatrical like that when I'm home). I loved it but I was already thinking in the next piece, and the one after that. It was 1 am when I oppened the package in my mom's house (I waited 'cause I wanted to share the moment with my family) and I put together my first coord and first outfit photos right there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW lovely coord. I also made a knew, improved version of my coord with my first dress and I love how it looks now. The first coord was fine, but the knew one is a little bit more than good.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...